Friday, December 23, 2011

Happy Holidays!

Happy holidays everyone! I hope the weather is treating you well, where ever you are! The first thing I want to mention is that I read a 500 page novel in one day a few days ago. I read Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare. It's fantastic! If you haven't read any of her novels, I definitely suggest them! I've been trying to decide on my next novel to read, but after loving Clockwork Prince so much, I'm concerned I will be disappointed by whatever I read next. If you have any suggestions, do share!

So I've been reading and thinking a lot lately on discussion boards. Apparently independent authors have been seeing higher success when raising their prices. Secrets and Keys is currently on sale for $0.99. I've been debating raising the price, in hopes that people don't take the lower price as a short work of fiction that they don't care to read. I plan to leave the price as is for now since Christmas is almost here, and people may want to fill new e-readers with cheap novels! If there is no change, I may raise the price though.

The second thing I have been thinking about is Amazon KDP Select. If I do this, I will have to take my novel off sale at Barnes and Noble for at least 90 days. While I don't necessarily want to do this, I think the 5 days of free promotion could be a good thing for Secrets and Keys. Plus, I have yet to sell anything on Barnes and Noble's site. Again, I don't plan on doing anything until after Christmas, and I probably wouldn't choose to do this until after New Years. I would love any and all feedback on what others think!!

In case you were curious, I just finished chapter eleven of the second book! It's exciting that this is coming along so much faster than the first novel. I literally spent two years writing Secrets and Keys. Though, in those two years I had months between writing anything. This past summer I became really motivated, and that's when I actually wrote almost the entire second half plus some of the novel. I'm hoping it doesn't take me forever to finish the second novel, but I gave myself a deadline of the end of summer 2012! I've finally decided on how to end the second novel, and I think you're going to like it. Well, maybe not since unfortunately it must end on a tiny cliffhanger. I know, I really hate those too. It's the only way to make the third book transition smoothly though!

That's all I have for now. I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment